Saturday 24 March 2012

Weekend, Oh sweet weekend!

So I havent posted for a few days, but to be fair, these past few days have been pretty busy!
First things first- The Apprentice. As to be expected, a bunch of ignorant, big-headed, overpaid idiots are chosen to fumble their way through pretty simple tasks. I thought the girls should have one that task because a. their design was much better and b. they seemed to put alot more effort in. And seriously, the boys were charging £15 for a small teddybear with a union jack tee shirt!
So then came the boardroom... although the team leader was obviously first to be blamed, she definitely didnt deserve to go home (also, i think Sir ... sorry, Lord Alan is trying to kick the habit of firing the first project managers). So that left Katie and Bilyana. Although Bilyana was a loudmouth and really annoying, he was going to fire Katie for doing next to nothing at all. So as he was about to (clearly) tell Katie that she was fired, Bilyana pipes up, interuppting him and begging for another chance, so Lord-Sir-Mister Alan then decides to change course and fire her.... lol!
I know that The Apprentice is getting repetitive, but I will keep watching it each year as I genuinely love it. And I may even consider auditioning for the Junior Apprentice :)
Yesterday, I went to London with the art department from college. Although I had to be on the train at about 10am, I got dropped in town at 9am ish, so I had a hot chocolate in McDonalds and got a few chapters of Wuthering Heights read. (Although I didn't really find Wuthering Heights interesting, I'm now completely absorbed into it... and I'm beginning to find that I'm also listening to Kate Bush's ridiculous song more and more too- seriously, I cannot get to 9 seconds before I laugh at her voice and dance moves in the video)


But yes.... as I was drinking my hot chocolate in McDonalds, or rather waiting for it to cool down for half an hour, then quickly drinking it before it gets cold, this couple came and sat down in the booth next to me. When 'Don't Lie' by the Black Eyed Peas came on, the sang along to it, the guy rapping and the girl doing the girl parts.... honestly, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen whilst waiting for a stupidly hot drink to cool down.
I then got on the train, didnt get lost, met up with my friends and was slightly late meeting the other art people under the clock at waterloo (it was only like 4 minutes late though, which wasnt too bad at all).We visited the Saatchi gallery, which had so many cool, contemporary pieces in. There was a gallery with huge pieces with probably at least £1000 worth of paint just splodged onto each of them by Andre Butzer , who refers to his work as 'Science-Fiction Expressionism'- I JUST WANTED TO TOUCH IT ARGHHHH. Here is one of his pieces...
 
There were so many things around the gallery- sculptures, paintings, installations that were just there, without barriers around and they were just so... touchable. It truly drove me crazy.
 Unfortunately, I had to leave early for a waitressing job, but I spent the last half an hour I had in London doing 'street photography'- taking pictures of random people who are unaware that I am taking photographs of them. Loads of people around the art and photography department do this, and its so much fun! I swear it was like pringles- once you start you just cant stop!
........so yeah, I filled up Rob's memory card with pictures of randomers walking along..... oops....
Last night, I saw Hayley again (yay!) and we did a waitressing job in Petersfield, serving the annual national trust dinner. It was very posh, so we had to look smart (minimal, clean makeup, hair tied back, black shirt and apron etc). We did many things, but the one task I dreaded was collecting plates back from the tables. The others kind of left me to this, so I basically collected 175 dirty plates whilst constantly hoping that I wouldnt dump a half eaten roast dinner or greek salad on an expensive suit or dress. I actually did pretty well, I mean, I dropped a pretty much clean knife onto a lady's lap but she just laughed about it. I think the worst thing that happened was when I was collecting the mayor's plate, and the stack of dirty plates in my hand wobbled really badly, and there was nothing anyone could do but watch. Luckily, it didnt fall, but I swear that I nearly had a heart attack!
So I got paid £40 and bought home some delicious leftovers of roast potatoes, beef and turkey (unfortunately, I dropped more than half of the potatoes in the nice lady's car who was giving me a lift home- but tbh i'm more disappointed that i lost loads of the potatoes more than i felt sorry for the car - I did get them all out of the car though! ). I also bought home 6 bottles of sweet, expensive wine that I actually like as its so sweet :) So yes, I think I got paid pretty well :D
Today, i hope to see my dad and get some art work done... i'm thinking of making a triptych with lots of overlayering and embroidery for my next development piece for art.
Tomorrow, I have Linda's (Rob's mum's ) birthday party at Sam's. It's going to be really nice to see all of his lovely family again and perhaps play poker.... and I'm looking forward to seeing Macy again, his cute little neice who is obssessed with pepper pig and toy story.
TTFN
Sammie :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment