Wednesday 20 June 2012

Exams are over!

Okay, so this morning I had my exam for A2 English Language and Literature, which was 2 1/2 hours. I basically had to write 2 essays, one on unseen texts and one of Wuthering Heights.
I knew I preferred the Wuthering Heights part, as I actually like the novel, and know it inside-out. Plus, its so much easier to revise for than the unseen texts section, especially on the context front!
We get marked for contextual references, and the annoying thing about the unseen texts is that they could be anything, from any time period, in any format and on any theme. So basically ive been watching loads of horrible histories clips on youtube, and documentaries on random bits of history, hoping some of it would become useful.
But I think I did well, we had to talk about the presentation of school, and then about marriage in Wuthering Heights (i was utterly in my element there) which I compared to King Lear. I think I may get a few brownie points for memorising a whole load of quotes! :)
So yes, exam went well, and i'm happy!!!
No more exams!
So now i'll have more time for this, and general fun stuff :D

P.S.
I'll get round to doing that 2nd part of the party ideas blog, but as were putting the marquee up and beginning the decorations tomorrow, I felt it would be best to leave it until then :)

P.P.S.
Could even do the Analysis of a messy bedroom, part 2 soon, my bedroom is a complete tip (even by my standards) due to all the party stuff thats in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment