Sunday 1 January 2012

New Post, New Year






So, as I hope we all know, it is the new year. 2012 to be exact. And apparently the end of the world is shortly coming . Pfft.

And here I am. I havent posted in a while, but I like writing and I want to keep a diary of my year. So I think, hey! Why not be modern and make your diary online? Oh yes, clever Sammie ^.^

How Would I describe 2011?
Well, I am a visual person so imma gonna use photos and words. Now lets see what I can find in my PC...
This is from February, when me and my friend Jo went to the Imperial war museum as research for our textiles project.  This is a photo we took through some misted glass that I thought looked as if I were being gassed. Oh well, at least it's relevant to the war-ness?






This is my dress outcome to my fashion project, which I made completely out of recycled materials. Yes, if anyone asks why it looks so crap, I tell them its Recycled. Because, if were honest, recycled fashion isnt usually the nicest. Sure, people like Junky Styling have some cool ideas, but on the whole, its a no from me. But still, we have to at least pretend we are trying to help the planet so we all think recycling clothing is marvelous, even if the stitching is bad. Its a bit like when someone is looking for the remote, you move your head around to make it look like you care and are taking the search seriously, yet never actually get up to find that you are inevitsbly sitting on it.

Rob's £5 haircut. FIVE POUNDS. well, he errr certainly got his moneys worth.... *cough* SUE THEM! *cough*


This is me, with my hair that is blatantly too short. Oh well, at least Rob had crap hair too. This is the TV i made (old school style!) for my english presentation. Basically, we were meant to deliver a fifteen minute in depth analysis of the Romantic poet movement, and I left it until the night before, realised I knew nothing and cut up a box in a funny shape to make it look as if i put loads of effort into it. I then did a four-minute puppet show in the TV as a documentary (the puppets were made by myself and anyone who I forced to help me out of badly printed images of Victorians and straws) depicting Victorian life, as I guessed it would have been. Retrospectively I now realise that discussing the mass cholera in London and it's effects (diarrhoea and projectile vomiting) for the full four minutes made it seem as if I had an obsession. In truth, it was the only thing I could remember about Victorian life from the previous lessons' context lectures. 

This is from the 4 hour car journey we made to reach Alton Towers. Yes, it was epic (and my hair looks better too! )
We had two days in the park, my favourite rides being Nemesis and Air.I was a bit shocked when we got on Air for the first time. Yes it was all normal, getting strapped in, the floor dropping. Then WOAH! We get tipped forwards, so that all I could see was the person in front's bum. But hey, I suppose Air was so good because it was A. Awesome and B. long lasting, it wasnt over ridiculously quickly, like stealth, where you queue for hours for a 20 second ride. I mean, what is the point of a ride where it takes longer to buckle up than going around?!

You had better prepare this next picture...
BOOM!

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha
hahahahahahah
ahhhhhhh...

...

AHAHHH!!!!!
This, ladies and gentlemen, is my fat little sister who never washes her once-blonde-now-greenish hair at Alton Towers on a bungee jump thing.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This was the Summer BBQ i had fir all my friends. I love them all, except photobomber Gina and maybe Sam Boyle. Yes, he is nice, but very annoying. Although hilarious on this day, he got so drunk and kept perving on Katie! :P

RIP wall :'(

We moved house so I had to take this down. It started about three or four years ago, and I am always collecting bus tickets and leaftlets for it. I will reconstruct it at this new house, but I dont feel ready yet. I have a small collagey thing here but its made up of revision posters I made for my theory test, and things from Croatia.

My birthday! Here is my awesome exploding, sparkling cake that is infact a GIANT cupcake. And i love cupcakes, mmmmm!!!! I didnt have an official party, but in art that day we had no teachers and we just had a massive party type thing which made me very very happy. We also went to Forbidden City in Knaphill, which is my favourite Chinese restaurant. Next year i'll be 18 woooooh! :D

Glee Live with Becca Upton :D Mike Chang air high-fived us!! Ahh, what a legendary day. I cant believe I managed to take a photo as clear and close up as this :D

Southampton Solent University fashion summerschool. So we were given two days to make a garment before our professional photoshoot. Was so fun, loved everyone that went and made some great friends. (Also looks great on my Uni application :P)




Take That live at Wembley. OH MY GOSH, it was really really amazing. They sang all of their songs and the Pet Shop Boys were supporting!!! It was... Take That! Nuff said ;)


Hehe Rob will kill me if he sees this on here but hey ho, i love this and i love him! Corr, so fit ;)




This was on holiday with the fam, it was a cruise but this was by far the best place, Florence. I am returning there with the art dept. early next year, so it will be as beautiful, but also an excuse to get partying each night :D




Oh, these are some beautiful shots I took of the amazing sunset that I saw from the boat. Shortly after I took these, I got a bad telling off from the co-captain as I was on deck when there were gale force winds at that moment. Oh well, there was no way I was letting that sunset go!


Going to Basingstoke with Rob and Rico. I thought they were too old for dressup, but leave them alone for five minutes in Primark and they come running up like 'hey, take a picture, were the men in black!' No guys, just no :P


At Madame Taussads with Rob, Gina and Mum. I love this spiderman set, we got to 'hang' out with spiderman... get it? Ahaaaa :)









Various Planks with Rob, Luke and Elliot .






















Ok. So, alot of photos. But two weeks in Croatia with Robert King was the best experience of my life. The town Porec, was so quaint and calm, while our day trip to Venice was bustling and so different from anywhere else. I am in love, not just with Rob, but with that holiday.


FRESHERS! who says its only for the first years?! And yes, i dyed my hair black again so that I can give me extensions a go again. Had a great, energetic night with lots of special people...what can i say? I love freshers!





Sarah's 18th! A chance to meet up with some people I havent seen since secondary school! So obviously a very emotional night. Here i am, back between ma girlies Tasha and Annie.... oh god i miss them so much! And Hayley! I love her so so much and I rarely see her!!!! :'(






Bowling for soup with Jackjack and Alex! I'd never met Alex before this day but I really feel that Ive made a good friend :D The gig was great, BFS (not to be confused with DFS) were so funny! They were supported by Orange (thats us with the guy with-funny enough- orange hair) who we couldnt really hear as the drummer was so loud, but we all loved his jacket so it was fine. Then was 'Suburban legends' who were this band from USA who were awesome! They danced, had two trumpet players as well as all the usual components of a rock band and did a cover of 'I just cant wait to be King' from the Lion King. Also, the lead singer was wearing a bowtie so he was instantly amazing. Their music was great, and its as 40-something year old Bowling For Soup's lead singer said 'They do all their little dancing and jumping around bits and make us guys look friggen old!' Ahaaa, such a great night <3





Jo and Lex's joint 18th :D
was such a funny party, in just one room! :P am loving how the party generally degraded into people rolling around on the floor!


A painting I did for Halowe'en











... and the subsequent Halowe'en party. Ali Sanduk came in black robes and said he was 'death'. Two problems here. 1. the party's theme was 'Zombie Invasion', and 2. He most definitely looked like a monk. Conclusion? He was a zombie monk, he just doesnt know it yet





Em's 18th! Emz was born on 5th November, so we had loads of fireworks to watch while we were partying. Again, a great opportunity to catch up with loads of people, i miss them all!




 In the art room, experimenting with wool and how to turn a glove into a sheep (i think i did a pretty good job of it tbh!)



This is a few days before christmas, when me and Rob booked up to see the first UK screening of ghost protocol at the IMAX in london. We then went on the London Eye and then to Madame Taussauds where we met Santa. (Basically exploiting our merlin passes to their full potential) It was actually really quiet in London that day, no idea why :S

But yes, that is essentially my year. I know this has been a long post, but it is a whole year of my life. I'll write again soon, i promise.
Love, Sammie
xoxo

P.S.
Now where's that remote?!

No comments:

Post a Comment